Janey-Jones

When going to an event do you think its ok to do car sharing

Question

Sponsor

I think car sharing is a great idea (green) except it would need people from the same area where you live to be going to an event, so co-ordinating it might not be quite so easy. Not sure I can think of a way round this idea at all.  What do you think?

Edited by Janey-Jones
  • Upvote 2

I'm forever blowing bubbles, pretty bubbles in the air..

3 answers to this question

Sponsor

yeah. Its the Eco thing to do but you have to be careful and think about things. If you are the person who has offered a lift make sure you know who is getting in your car and be clear about whether or not your are prepared to stick around if they decide to stay a bit longer on an event like maybe a few drinks in the pub afterwards.

And anyway, car lifts has to be very local. I woulnt want to be picking up and dropping off miles out of my way to be honest with you. After a long walk Im probably pretty tired and just want to get back home swiftly.

• Upvote 2

Sponsor

Unless the persons live very close to you then the best way to do car sharing is for a few to meet and park up properly somewhere either proper car park or unobtrusively on safe roadside. Then you can get into one car to share the ride to the location you are going for your event. This can also save having too many cars parked on country lanes for example if quite a lot of you are going to begin on a public footpaths walk. 

It saves having to drop 4/5 person off at different homes.  It can also solve the problem of somone wanting to stay longer to have drinks at a pub, because they know they have to drive their own car back home from the initial meeting point.

I would gladly be the key driver for a few friends like this. But id make sure they knew that they cannot smoke in my car. And id have to accept that they might bring quite a bit of muddy feet in.  So keep feet on mats easily cleaned thats all.

• Upvote 2

do I really need to go outside?   Ok I'll cope O.o

Sponsor
On 12/06/2016 at 13:19, Robbie M said:

Unless the persons live very close to you then the best way to do car sharing is for a few to meet and park up properly somewhere either proper car park or unobtrusively on safe roadside. Then you can get into one car to share the ride to the location you are going for your event. This can also save having too many cars parked on country lanes for example if quite a lot of you are going to begin on a public footpaths walk. 

It saves having to drop 4/5 person off at different homes.  It can also solve the problem of somone wanting to stay longer to have drinks at a pub, because they know they have to drive their own car back home from the initial meeting point.

I would gladly be the key driver for a few friends like this. But id make sure they knew that they cannot smoke in my car. And id have to accept that they might bring quite a bit of muddy feet in.  So keep feet on mats easily cleaned thats all.

Great idea .  Might cost a few pounds on a proper car park but you all know ur cars are safe.  Then get in one or more cars to share ride to your starting point.  Be safe always 

• Upvote 1