Janey-Jones

Would you meet somebody off here by yourself?

Question

Sponsor

I know we are advised to meet up in groups but sometimes someone will ask to meet up one 2 one. Would you do it? Should we do it?

I know its not a dating site but if you have buit up a really good relationship on the site and maybe spoke on the phone or skype then there will always be a temptation to go have a date at some point surely?

• Upvote 4

I'm forever blowing bubbles, pretty bubbles in the air..

5 answers to this question

Sponsor

People do meet people on 121 basis. But at the end of the day they should know how to play it safe really. 

ok so lets say I'm a single person. Would i do it?   If I had formed an on line trust then there is a possibility maybe. But that trust is only an online person. So I would still ask a member of my family or a good friend to drop me off and pick me up again. Then Id meet in a place where people were all around too.

Would I meet to go on a walk in open fells or whatever then I'd be wary about that.  If the person was genuine he would respect my safety and ask me to meet him in the safety of a group. He would organize a walk or something and then ask me to come along so we could meet

• Upvote 2

Sponsor

You do have to be careful there is no doubt about it with virtual friends. But admittedly an online friendship can get very strong so really its up to the individual if they feel they are safe. Im sure both person would agree to meet in a safe place though if they had any common sense and cared for each other.

• Upvote 2

Trying to find lots of things not to do 9_9

Please always be vigilant and be safe. It is best to meet in a small group until you are sure your feel safe with a person. Most of our members are genuinely nice people but we can never guarantee there are no fake profies even though we make every attempt at security ourselves.

But don't let the thought of all this overshadow the sheer enjoyment you can find amongst like minded friends. Our ethos is about being nice to each other and to show respect for another persons choices and beliefs in life. Opinions we may all have but at the end of the day there are ways and means of expressing them tactfully.

Have fun and be happy!

• Upvote 1

Life's just about one story after another until all becomes ONE.

Sponsor

not unless I had been watching their actions for a long while and also watching for other members feedback. You have to be very careful online nowadays and always make sure you meet in a group.

you should never forget to say thank-you

14 minutes ago, Jacciley said:

not unless I had been watching their actions for a long while and also watching for other members feedback. You have to be very careful online nowadays and always make sure you meet in a group.

yes we always advocate due diligence ...

• Upvote 1

Life's just about one story after another until all becomes ONE.