Not 4 Profit

ArgyllSHARE aims to improve literacy skills and raise awareness of homelessness through creativity. We create active roles in schools and colleges: SHARE Ambassadors, SHARE Poet Laureates, SHARE Literacy Champions and SHARE Community Champions. We also produce two first class anthologies of creative work each year: SHARE FlashFiction50 and the ArgyllSHARE Anthology (Rural Homelessness)

We are completely NotForProfit and would use funds solely to support production of our anthologies (publishing costs) and production of our flyers, posters and badges that promote our project, plus travel costs to support traveling to schools and colleges to hold workshops. 

Our mission is simple: to raise awareness about homelessness and challenge and change negative perceptions about people who are homeless. 

website http://www.argyllshare.co.uk/

Edited by Karen
website link added
  • Like 3

Sponsor

oh wow ... that's so amazing.   It's the way you are encouraging creativity at the same time as raising awareness of homelessness.

There is lots more rural homelessness now. I'm not sure if its always been the case or more media attention is being drawn to it but I imagine at the end of the day people who are homeless are becoming more and more afraid in the big towns and cities.

well done to you guys honestly it's fantastic what you are doing

you should never forget to say thank-you

Not 4 Profit

Hi,

Thank you for your positive words, much appreciated. I am currently doing the serious research about rural homelessness, I think it has always been there, but it is more like hidden homelessness, and people in rural areas appear to feel more of a stigma attached to this issue. Our aim is to chip away at that stigma and provide a positive landscape for people to talk about their experiences. Education is the key. 

• Like 1

Sponsor
2 minutes ago, ArgyllSHARE said:

Hi,

Thank you for your positive words, much appreciated. I am currently doing the serious research about rural homelessness, I think it has always been there, but it is more like hidden homelessness, and people in rural areas appear to feel more of a stigma attached to this issue. Our aim is to chip away at that stigma and provide a positive landscape for people to talk about their experiences. Education is the key. 

Isn't it strange though. You would think that smaller rural villages might be a bit kinder to their homeless but I suppose there is a lot more land owners who simply don't want to encourage homeless people out of the cities in case they all come with tents on their land.

I imagine there are no proper homelessness services in the rural locations either.    We've a lot to learn and understand haven't we?

Good ur chipping away at the stigma and educating people   thankyouuuu

you should never forget to say thank-you

Not 4 Profit

Yes, it's a complex issue and very different to urban homelessness. In some ways the towns and cities can be slightly less difficult for people who are homeless because of the resources available.

• Like 1

Sponsor

fabulous... its a very creative idea and they deserve this help for sure

Trying to find lots of things not to do 9_9

Not 4 Profit

Thank you for your support, much appreciated :)

• Like 1

Sponsor

Its the creative approach that makes this really interesting.  Encouraging people to come along and write stories/poems etc is a nice way for raising awareness

never a dull moment is there?

Not 4 Profit

Thank you for your positive words, really appreciate the support people are showing for our project.